Wasatch runs summer Kids programs in addition to weekly Muy-Thai classes on Tues & Thurs at 4:30pm
Our main goals with our kids program are
- to learn
- to have fun and
- to grow as young people.
We have a saying at Wasatch Crossfit (which we borrowed from Professor Renzo Gracie) “At our school there are no winners or losers, only winners and learners.”
Kids Muay Thai:
Muay Thai is a Martial Art from Thailand that uses stand-up striking along with various clinching techniques. Muay Thai is referred to as the “Art of Eight Limbs” or the “Science Of Eight Limbs” because it makes use of punches, kicks, elbows and knee strikes, thus using eight “points of contact”, as opposed to “two points” (fists) in Western boxing and “four points” (hands and feet) used in sport-oriented martial arts.
- Level One: Stance, Movement, Basic punches, Basic Knees and Basic kicks.
- Level Two: Clinch,Targets to the body, Basic elbows, Striking from Clinch and advanced kicks and punches.
- Level Three: Ringmanship, advance elbows, advance knees and Wai Kru.
- Level Four: Jumping techniques, more advance knee and elbow.
- Level Five: Teaching, Mae Mai and Luk Mai( fighting techniques) teaching Wai Kru.