For many of our athletes, this is your first time experiencing this exciting event, and now is a great time to clear up any questions you may have.
What is the Crossfit Open?
The Crossfit Open is the start of the road to the 2014 Crossfit Games. The Open consists of 5 workouts over 5 weeks. All athletes interested in participating have the option to perform each workout at a registered affiliate (Wasatch Crossfit) or to submit a videotape of their performance to the Games website.
Is it too late to register for the 2014 Open?
NO!!! The first workout, 14.1, will be announced tonight at 6:00 pm MST and you will have until 6:00 pm MST on Monday, March 3rd, to register and submit your scores.
SO DON’T DELAY!
How do I register for the 2014 Crossfit Open?
1. Navigate yourself over to http://games.crossfit.com/
2. At the top right side of the website, you’ll see a photo that says “THE OPEN” in white and “REGISTER HERE” in blue. Go ahead and click there.
3. If you signed up for the 2012 or 2013 Crossfit Open, you already have a login. So there is no need to create one. Just go ahead and sign in with that information. If this is your first time, go ahead and create a login.
4. Once you login, they will ask you some location information and ask for payment; the cost for the Open is $20.
5. You are now done and ready to challenge yourself in the 2014 Crossfit Open
Are we allowed to scale these workouts?
I know that many of you are hesitant about signing up because you are worried that you are not strong enough or fast enough to perform these workouts. Have no fear! You can attempt it RX, go for a PR or do it scaled – the option is yours.
When am I doing the workout?
This is the thing – you’ll be doing the workouts whether you register or not! We are planning on incorporating each weekly Open workout into our normal Friday group classes. That way, you can perform these workouts with your normal group of buddies and just have a blast with it. If you are registered, but can not do it Friday, just coordinate with a coach for another time.
What about judges? Do I need to take the judges course?
Any athlete who hopes to compete at Regionals will need a registered judge who has passed Crossfit’s Judges Course. If you do not plan to compete at regionals it is not mandatory to take the course, but would be a great help in judging others.
And now for a little inspiration…
27/Feb/2014 Thursday WOD
Sumo DL 2,2,2,2,2
21 15 9
Sumo Deadlift High Pull with KB (2p/1.5p)
SPORT: EMOM for 10 mins
10 burpees then 5 box jumps
Complete before or after WOD